ArcSoft Demos Face Tracking, Smile and Blink Detection on Camera Phones at Mobile World Congress 2008
ArcSoft Advanced Capture Technologies Featured
— 2/10/2008 — Barcelona, Spain —
"As camera phone technology advances, users are looking for conventional and yet easy ways for taking perfect photos from their phones," said David Cao, Vice President and General Manager of Mobile Group. "ArcSoft Advanced Capture Technologies offer software engineers and device makers a solid base for developing applications that satisfy users expectations ArcSoft Smile Detection and ArcSoft Blink Detection to perform intelligent photo capture; and ArcSoft FaceTracking to apply auto focus and auto enhancements on portraits, adding supreme values to products."
ArcSoft FaceTracking Features and Advantages
- Supports multi-face tracking and detection
- Supports multi-angle tracking
- Detects and locks in new faces
- Robustly detects in different postures and expressions in photos taken under various lighting conditions
- Optimized memory and CPU performance for ARM platforms
- Real-time on-camera solution, no user intervention required
- Easy integration
ArcSoft Smile Detection Features and Advantages
- Takes shots when smiles are detected
- Detects a variety of smile types, from a wide happy smile to a simple grin
- Reduces hand-shaking often introduced when pressing camera shutter
- Replaces traditional timer mode for better capture time control
ArcSoft Blink Detection Features and Advantages
- Helps avoid taking photos with closed eyes
- High detection rate and low error rate
ArcSoft, Inc. is an industry leading software developer of multimedia technologies and applications across desktop and embedded platforms. Working closely with OEM manufacturers, ArcSoft offers imaging and video solutions that enhance the features, performance, and user experience of mobile phones, digital cameras, optical drives, personal computers, and consumer electronics. Visit www.arcsoft.com.
(C) 2008. All rights reserved. ArcSoft and the ArcSoft logo are registered trademarks of ArcSoft, Inc. All products and companies named herein are trademarks of their respective owners.